About our products!
What goes into your products?
We start with our meat. We buy quality wholesale meat at large quantities, allowing us to reduce the price for the simple fact of how much we are able to order!
We buy our fresh veggies from local markets, to get as fresh as we can! . We obtain our organs through our wholesaler, keeping that quality combined to the organs. We use Natural Animal Solutions Omega Oil 3, 6, and 9 on a large bulk scale, to reduce the cost once again!
What are the benefits of raw feed vs normal shelf pet food?
Lets start with the physical, Cleaner teeth and fresh breath
- Better weight control
- Improved digestion
- Shinier, healthier skin and coat
- Reduction of allergy symptoms
- Harder, smaller, less smelly stools
- Increased mobility in older animals
- More energy and stamina
- Strengthened immune system
- Improved liver, pancreatic and bowel health
- Savings due to less trips to the vet
Behavioural improvements can include
- Chewing – could your dog be trying out items to see if they supply nutrients that are missing from the feed?
- Excessive digging in the garden – again, what is your dog looking for? Is he looking for nutrients in the soil?
- Food theft – is your dog hungry, is he or she lacking in nutrients from their own food supply?
- Jumping up - In the canine world, jumping up can induce vomiting/regurgitation of food. What is your dog trying to tell you?
- Hyperactivity – it is well known that a diet full of chemicals, flavourings, additives and colouring can lead to an increase in negative energy in a dog.
To prepare frozen meals, place into sink as you would with regular meat and let it defrost. Do not microwave as it will heat unevenly keeping a frozen centre, with hot edges.
Storing your products
Our meals are 60-80% whole mince. Store product in the fridge for maximum 3 days. Place fresh product in the freezer for up to 3 months.
Omega Oil Information
Omega fatty acids from marine and plant sources, particularly EPA and DHA can be used to help to manage skin and joint conditions and may also be used to promote digestive, cardiovascular, brain and kidney health. Omega Oil contains Cod Liver Oil, Flaxseed Oil, Sunflower Oil and Extra Virgin Olive Oil stabilised with Vitamin E to deliver a beneficial ratio of omega 3, 6 and 9 fatty acids.
How are the products made?
We begin with our meat products. We buy from our distributor in bulk, keeping out costs low. All our products are sourced from local suppliers, which means they are Australian Made
All meat is weighed into portions for each meal, and added in 5ml of Omega Oil for every 500g of meat.
Our Veggies are cut into portion, peeled and steamed to soften and cook.
All meat is added into containers, along with veggies and organs, or biscuits (depending the package) and refrigerated ready for pick up or delivery for you to take!
Yes, we stock BlackDog Products! We offer purchase through out website, or at Market Events we attend!